Sunday, October 27, 2013

Raindrop robe


We lost our robe, so I had to make a new one. Melly Sews published her Sleepy Robe pattern just a week before Kids Clothes week - perfect timing! This pattern is so easy, and imagine...it is FREE and yet, comes in 4 sizes – 18m/2T, 3T/4T, 5/6 and 7/8!
I did some changes to the pattern, because we'll be using this for swimming and hood is indispensable. Fabric is SKÄRET Bath Sheet from Ikea. I tried to keep all possible original seems and I was really lucky with the hood, because I had an old hoodie, or part of it to be more exact (I used the sleeves already for these sweats) and the hood was perfect for this robe. I lined it with pieces of the towel and I must say that is the best feature. We already tested it and it does wanders for that wet after swimming lesson. Zipper was a practical choice, somehow belt don't work for us yet. P can't tie it himself yet, we it always ends up losing it or pulling it all over the floor.
String of the hood is a T-Shirt yarn I made not long ago.
I'd say this was a very productive upcycle:)






4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the things you added to the pattern. Thanks for sharing; pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Melissa! And thanks again for the free pattern:)

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! And I want one for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so great to sew for kids, only one towel to do this:)))

      Delete