Monday, March 18, 2013

I am awesome T-Shirt

As the title says, I think I am awesome! My whole life I was freaked out of sewing with knits. I started a while ago with some upcycles and it really wasn't that bad at all. But to make a T-Shirt was impossible to imagine for me. I thought I needed a serger, my machine isn't good enough and that I would fail miserably. But reading all the sewing blogs out there and seeing how people do wanders without sergers and any special equipment I though it is time to give it a go. Plus, what is the worst that can happen? T-Shirt turns out to be a disaster, I wasted a little time (not the first) and fabric (I upcycle anyway, so no biggie).

But I didn't fail:)
I am quite happy with the result. There are some things I will do differently next time, but in general, this is a perfectly wearable piece of clothes.


It is a little loose on him, but he loves it and he'll grow into it in no time anyway. I made it a bit longer than the pattern suggests. This T is made of two old T-shirts of mine. I used the old neck ribbing. Dana from MADE did a tutorial on this recently if you are not familiar with the process. I also made cuffs bigger and wider.






Pattern from Tank Engine (free, available in sizes 110, 120, 130). It is in Japanese, but there are photos if you are new to sewing, otherwise you will figure it out for yourself, it is a 3 piece pattern. The pattern lines up real nice and is very easy to work with.

What do you think?

Are you following my Free Sewing Patterns board on Pinterest yet?


Linking to The Train To Crazy

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I remember feeling amazing the first time I made a t-shirt. There's something about being able to recreate clothing basics that's so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I am preparing myself to tackle those skinny jeans I bought a pattern for months ago:)

      Delete
  2. me encanta como te ha quedado la camiseta!! toda una artista!!
    he descubierto hoy tu blog y me hago seguidora desde hoy. te dejo el enlace de mi blog por si quieres entrar a mi me gustarĂ­a mucho
    www.tustelas.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva, this means a lot to me:)

      Delete