Friday, July 6, 2012

Meet the Moomins






The Moomins, as I found out last weekend, are very famous characters in Finland. originally central characters in a series of comics and books by Tove Jansson. They are a family of white creatures (trolls?) living in Moominvalley with some other non-moomin residents. Meet them all here.



I am only now getting to know them, so I can not go into details of their awesomeness. But they appear to be HUGE in Finland, not only you can get books and comics which were translated in more than 40 languages so far, the Moomin world in Naantali is celebrating its 20th birthday this summer, there is also a Moomin Museum in Tampere where you can see a blue five story moomin House built by Tuulikki Pietilä, Pentti Eistola and Tove Jansson himself.



 For those of you who were not planning to visit Finland this summer, or those of you looking for a cool souvenir from your visit to Finland, do consider one of the funny products depicting Moomins.

I for one, got these eco-friendly kitchen dishcloths from my Finish friends. Super cute and they totally go with my kitchen colour scheme.


Come back next week if you want to see what I did with my dishcloths. I am not using them for washing, what is wrong with you?

We also got a book, AND chocolates with stickers. I do love a funny souvenir! Thanks guys:)



See my post on Cool Hungarian souvenirs on Budapest Underguide.

No comments:

Post a Comment