Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIY Cardboard furniture by foldschool

As a lover of cardboard, recycling and making stuff I also love free patterns and templates, especially if they are as cool as foldschool.

In order to make good design available for everyone, foldschool offers free templates for stool, chair and a rocker designed by Swiss-based architect Nicola Enrico Stäubli.
Products are not available in their completed form, because of their philosophy that says:

'The process of crafting your own piece of furniture is fundamental to the attitude of foldschool. We are considering to offer certain designs as a semi-finished product (perforated, creased but not assembled)'



I have yet to try them out, but apparently the folding of the cardboard makes it very solid and it can carry the weight of an adult without problem. When you've made your little furniture kids can personalize them and do their part in the creative process.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog! Its really fun. I follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seldom leave comments, however i did some searching and
    wound up here "DIY Cardboard furniture by foldschool". And I actually do have a couple of questions for you if you
    do not mind. Is it only me or does it seem like a few of these responses appear as if they are coming from brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites,
    I'd like to keep up with everything new you have to post. Could you list of the complete urls of your social pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
    Here is my blog :: High Cholesterol Diets

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a pretty good post. This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I visit your website often and share with my friends.Grey Office Furniture

    ReplyDelete